Merlin U.S. is a support group for American (and other non-UK) fans of BBC's Merlin. This is the place to go for US meetups, late reaction posts (come Season 2), and resources you've missed by not living in the UK.
Not American? You're still welcome. UK people, you can update us on what we might be missing. People from other countries, you can share in our angst over not getting broadcast Merlin.
Since we will have a lot of friends-locked posts, we recommend that you join the community instead of just watching.
solar_cat: Paid Time
minty_peach: Info Table
Pinvoke: tiny icons
1. Don't post fanwork. There are already plenty of communities for fanfics, fanvids, icons, etc. We don't want to clutter our members' friends lists. (Fanwork from meetups is exempt from this rule, hence the "fanwork" tag.)
2. Use friends-lock when posting sensitive information. This includes meetup details and any posts asking other members where they live. Just use common sense about anything you wouldn't want non-members to see. (see rules for friends-locked posts) We encourage you to join the community so that you don't miss out on friends-locked posts.
3. Don't link to friends-locked posts in other journals or communities. If you're worried about sensitive material, just put it in a friends-locked post here. We want the information posted to this community to be easily accessible to its members.
4. Don't overwhelm the community with off-topic posts. The occasional off-topic post is fine, but the mods will step in if it gets out of hand.
5. Keep the community looking nice. Use LJ cuts on long posts or posts with more than one embedded video. Don't change community settings such as default font and color, and don't turn off comments.
6. Tag your posts. You can find a list of available tags here. If you don't find one that works for your post, use the "need new tag" tag, and put a suggestion for a new tag in bold at the bottom of your post. One of the mods will get back to you.
6. Put spoilers behind LJ cuts and give a spoiler warning. Since our members can't watch new Merlin episodes right away, details about new episodes are considered spoilers until one week after the episode has been broadcast on British TV.
Interested in affiliating? Comment on this post.